Sunday, June 3, 2012

 Medieval witch prison

 Basilica at Valere - Sion
Street Acrobats
 Chapel at Valer
 Acrobat
 In the pulpit in the city cathedral
 Going up our cogwheel train to Leysin.  Below - priest on stilts walking with red staff. Wierd,
Oldest playable organ in the world,  We had a concert by a french lady who can play it.  Very difficult, small keys, can't use thumbs, octaves are not laid in DO-RE-MI order.

I wrote a 45 minute blog about our 2nd day and LOST IT.  Too bad not doing it again.  I am climbing up the St. Bernard Pass on Monday so I won't blog for awhile.  Wish me luck. snow, 40% incline, monks feeding us soup, and St. Bernard slobbering.  Glad I b rought my slippers, if you don';t bring any, you have to wear the ones they have that travellers have been wearing for 100 years.  Sick.

3 comments:

  1. Sad you lost your post. Laughing about the hundred year old slippers. Glad you brought your own...those wart viruses are pesky to get rid of ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time...bleeding feet aside. I hope you have time to do some sketching, can't wait to see them. Hope you brought some hand sanitizer for the dog drool - it reminded me of the Archer's dog growing up, he was huge! Eat some lovely Swiss chocolate for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRIEST ON STILTS WITH RED STICK!!???!! HHHHHAHAHAHAHHA

    ReplyDelete