Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 16 - Vitrahaus - Well-am-Rhine GERMANY



Most of the students felt this was a wasted day, but I secretly loved it.  Yes,  we were on the trains and buses for almost 7 hours for only about 2 hours of visiting, but I thought it was worth it.  This past year I have taken a course on History of Architecture and Furniture.  We went to Vitrahaus.  Vitra is a furniture company and Vitrahaus is the home of the collection built by Herzog and de Meuron, architects.  I LOVED seeing so many of the chairs and furniture I have studied.  Can you see some of the chairs I sketched?  Check out the website  vitra.com .  I am sure you will recognize so many iconic designs.  We had to take so many crazy buses to get to Basel and the train station.  Everyone else ran off to explore Basel, but  Konrad and I just sat at a street side cafe and ordered a giant strawberry sundae and watched people.  Super fun day.  Long train rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment